1. Hoff LE: People in Crises: Understanding and Helping. Menlo Park, Calif, Addison-Wesley Publishing Co., In. 1978.
2. Armstrong A (ed): The Island Ark: Operation New Life en Guam, USA. Pamphlet published by Marianas Naval Officers Wives Club, 1975.
3. Operation New Life: Task Forte Bobcat. Pamphlet prepared by 1st Batallion, 5th Infantry, US Army.
4. Shaw R: "Health services in a disaster: Lessons learned from the 1975 Vietnamese evacuation". Milit Med 1979; 133:307-311.
5. Emergency Health Management After Natural Disasters, Pan American Health Organization scientific publication no. 407. Washington, DC, World Health Organization, 1981.
6. "Assessment of health needs following natural disasters". Paper from Fourth Annual Meeting for Designated Epidemiologists, Pan American Health Organization, Washington, DC, May 1978.
7. Spencer HC, Romero A, Feldman RA, et al: Disease surveillance and decision-making after the 1976 Guatemala earthquake. Lancet 1977;2:181-184.
8. Emergency Water: Home Storage and Disinfection. Salt Lake City, Utah State Department of Health, Division of Environmental Health, May 1982.
9. Davidson S. Passmore R, Brock JF, et al: Human Nutrition and Dietetics, ed 7. New York, Churchill Livengstone, 1979.
10. Military Water Supply. San Antonio. Tex, Academy of Health Sciences, 1981.
11. Western KA: Epidemiologic Surveillance After Natural Disaster, Pan American Health Organization scientific publication No. 420. Washington, DC, World Health Organization, 1982.
12. Beckjord PR: Public health aspects of preventive medicine and disaster. JAMA 1959;171:212-217.
13. Zeman FJ: Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics. Lexington, Mass, The Collamore Press, DC Heath & Co., 1983.
14. Eicherly EE: Nursing in a thermonuclear disaster. Nurs Clin North An 1967;2:325-335.
15. Coale MS, Robson JR: Dietary management of intractable diarrhea in malnourished patients: J Am Diet Assoc 1980;76:444-450.
16. Van Itallie TB: Starvation and protein-calorie malnutrition, in Thorn GW, Adams RD, Braunwald E, et al (eds): Harrison's Principies of Internal Medicine, ed 8. New York, Mc Graw Hill Book Co., pp. 449-452.
17. Dahlberg K: Medical cure of Cambodian refugees. JAMA 1980;243:1062-1065
18. Speers JF: Prevent disease resulting from floods.. J Iowa Med Soc 1969;59:355.
19. Gilchrist A: Foodborne Disease and Food Safety. Monroe, Wis, American Medical Assoc, 1981.
20. Fernandez M: Veterinary public health and disaster ers. Disaster Preparedness in the Americas, Issue No. 8. Washington, DC, Pan American Health Organization, July 1981.
21. Werner D: Where The Is No Doctor. Palo Alto, Calif, The Hesperian Foundation, 1977.
22. Lechal MF: The epidemiology of disasters. Proc Royal Soc Med 1976;69:421-426.
23. Velimirovic B, Subramanian M: The pattern of morbidity after typhoons in a tropical country. Int J Biometeorol 1972; 16:343-360.
24. Disaster Prevention and Mitigation. New York, Disaster Relief Coordinator, Office of the United Nations, 1982. vol 8.
25. Field Sanitation Team Training, training circular No. 8-3, US Dept of the Army, September 1978.
26. Blansan S, Quarantelli EL: From Dead Body to Person: The Handling of Fatal Mass Casualties in Disasters. Columbus, Ohio. Disaster Research Center, The Ohio State University.
27. Greco D, Faustini A, Forastiene F, et al: Epidemiological surveillance of disease following the earthquake of 23rd November 1980 in southern Italy. Disasters 1981;5:398-406.
28. Kastrup EK, Boyd JR, Olin BR, et al (eds): Facts and Comparisons. St. Louis, JP Lippincott Co., 1984.
29. Blackburn GL, Bistrian BR, Maini BS, et al: Nutritional and metabolic assessment of the hospitalizad patient. JPEN 1977;1:11-22.
30. Halpern SL (ed): Quick Reference to Clinical Nutrition: A Guide for Physicians. Philadelphia, JB Lippincott Co., 1979.
31. Goodhart RS, Shils ME(eds): Modern Nutrition in Health and Disease, ed 6. Philadelphia, Lea & Febiger, 1980.
32. Mason JB, Hay RW, Leresche J. Treatment of severe malnutrition in relief. Lancet 1974; 1:332-335.
33. Community Health Nurse in the Army, FM 8-24. Headquarters, US Dept of the Army, 1980.