1. World Health Organization. The application of the WHO partograph in the management of labour. Report of a WHO multicentre study 1990-91. Maternal Health and Safe Motherhood Programme, Geneva, 1994 (WHO document WHO/FHE/MSM/94.4).
2. World Health Organization. World Health Organization partograph in management of labour. Lancet, 1994, 343:1399-1404.
3. Abdel Aleem H. et al. Evaluation of the use of partograph in the management of labor. Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Assiut University (unpublished), 1990.
4. Dujardin B. et al. Value of the alert and action lines on the partogram. Lancet, 1992, 339(8805): 1336-8.
5. World Health Organization. Maternal mortality rates: a tabulation of available information. Geneva, 1991 (WHO document WHO/MCH/MSM/91.6).
6. Mahler H. The safe motherhood initiative: a call to action. Lancet, 1987, 1:668-670.
7. Philpott RH. Graphic records in labour. British Medical Journal, 1972, 4:163-165.
8. Drouin B, Nasah BT, Nkounawa F. The value of the partogramme in the management of labour. Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1979, 53(6):741-745.
9. Bird GC. Cervicographic management of labour in primigravidae and multigravidae with vertex presentation. Tropical Doctor, 1978, 8:78-84.
10. Leigh B. The use of the partogram by maternal and child health aides. Journal of Tropical Pediatrics, 1986, 32:107-110.
11. Philpott RH, Castle WM. Cervicographs in the management of labour in primigravidae. I. The alert line for detecting abnormal labour. Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology of the British Commonwealth, 1972, 79:592-598.
12. Philpott RH, Castle WM. Cervicographs in the management of labour in primigravidae. II. The action line and treatment of abnormal labour. Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology of the British Commonwealth, 1972, 79:599-602.
13. Burgess HA. Use of the laborgraph in Malawi. Journal of Nurse-Midwifery, 1986, 31:46-52.
14. Studd J. Partogram s and nomograms of cervical dilatation in management of primigravid labour. British Medical Journal, 1973, 4:451-455.
15. Ye Yinyun. Clinical application of the partogram. Shanghai First Maternity and Infant Health Institute. WHO Collaborating Centre for Research and Training on Maternal and Infant Care, Shanghai, 1986.
16. Arulkumaran S, et al. Augmentation of labour mode of delivery related to cervimetric progress. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 1987, 27:304-308.
17. Arulkumaran S, Ingemarsson I. New concepts in the management of spontaneous labour. Singapore Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 1985, 16(3):163-172.
18. Lennox CE. The cervicograph in labour management in the highland of Papua New Guinea. Papua New Guinea Medical Journal, 1981, 24(4):286-293.
19. Glick E, Trussell RR. The curve of labour used as a teaching device in Uganda. Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology of the British Commonwealth, 1970, 77:1003.
20. Kwast BE, Rogerson G. An analysis of the duration of labour, the mode of delivery and outcome in Queen Elizabeth Hospital, before and after the use of the partograph. Internal publication, Malawi, 1973.
21. Beazley JM, Kurjak A. Influence of a partograph on the active management of labour. Lancet, 1972, 1:348-351.
22. Friedman EA et al. Dysfunctional labor. X. Immediate results to infant. Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1969, 33:776-784.
23. Gupta S et al. Active management of labour with minor degree of cephalopelvic disproportion. A partographic study. Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology of India, 1987, 37(5):639-641.
24. Friedman EA. Primigravid labour. A graphicostatistical analysis. Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1955, 6(6):567-589.
25. Hendricks CH, Brenner WE, Kraus G. Normal cervical dilatation pattern in late pregnancy and labour. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1970, 106:1065-1082.
26. O’Driscoll K, Stronge JM, Minogue M. Active management of labour. British Medical Journal, 1973, 3:135-138.
27. Duignan NM, Studd JWW, Hughest AO. Characteristics of labour in different racial groups. British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 1975, 82:593-601.
28. Melmed H, Evans MI. Predictive value of cervical dilatation rates. I. Primipara labor. Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1976, 47(5):511-515.
29. Steward P. Introduction of partographic records in a district hospital in Zambia and development of nomograms of cervical dilatation. Medical Journal of Zambia, 1977, 11(4):97-99.
30. Schwarz R, Diaz AG, Nieto F. Partograma con curvas de alerta; guia para la vigilancia del parto. Salud perinatal. Boletin del Centre Latino Americana de Perinato Logia y Desarrollo Humano (CLAP) Organización Panamericana de la Salud-Organizacion Mundial de la Salud, 1987, 2(8):93-96.
31. Ilancheran A, Lim SM, Ratnam SS. Nomograms in cervical dilatation in labour. Singapore Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 1977, 8:69-73.
32. Jayasinghe RG, Ali SD. The partographs of the Jamaican parturient. West Indian Medical Journal, 1977, 26:85-89.
33. Ayangade O. Management from early labour using the partogram: a prospective study. East African Medical Journal, 1983, 60(4):253-259.
34. Webber RH. Simplified cervicograph for rural maternity practice. Tropical Doctor, 1987, 17:81-84.
35. Botswana Ministry of Health. Botswana Obstetric Record MH 022/Rev. 84. Gaborone, Central Statistical Office, 1984.
36. Lorenz N. Monitoring labour in Burkina Faso; with special consideration on the introduction of a new labourchart [Dissertation]. London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, University of London, England, 1987.